This soup will warm both your body and your soul on a chilly autumn evening.
- 2 medium butternut squash
- 1 yellow onion
- 1-2 garlic gloves
- 500ml hot vegetable stock
- 300ml coconut cream
- Olive oil
- Cayenne pepper, a small pinch
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. coriander seeds, crushed
- Sea salt
- Fresh coriander (Cilantro)
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Cut the squash into large chunks and toss in large roasting tin with a generous glug of olive oil. Roast for 30 minutes until soft, turning occasionally.
- Whilst the squash is in the oven, slice the onion and sweat in a pan until soft. Add garlic and spices.
- When the squash is done, pop it into the pan and add the coconut cream (leaving some for decoration) and half the stock.
- Mix with a stick blender until smooth, adding the rest of the stock until the soup has reached your preferred thickness. Season to taste.
- Pour into bowls and decorate with a drizzle of coconut cream (you might want to thin the cream with a little water or stock) and some freshly chopped coriander leafs.